Dear reader, do you know what the word greenhorn means?
Greenhorn is someone who comes to India and is still completely jetlagged after several days.
So I am up at 4am, watching TV - some Bollywood movie with a lot of dancing going on (there was not much choice, there are 100+ channels, but they all showed Bollywood movies with everyone dancing- again this is 4am on a Tuesday morning). But there was a power outage. I am told it still happens quite often in Bangalore. This apartment is ready for that, though. There is a funny little setup in the living room - a UPS hooked up to a car battery... The power is back on, but the TV is still out. So I started a blog.
The other major event of this morning so far is that I had a papaya; or something. I am not exactly sure what a papaya is. In any case, this was a very tasty tropical fruit the size of a stone large as maybe two-three fists. Ashok the houseboy brought it yesterday morning for breakfast. (Yes, I have a houseboy. At least that's what he is saying. He came in on Sunday, my first day here, and said: "My name is Ashok, and I am the houseboy, sir. I brought your lunch." So I said, "Thank you." Then he gave me a number and told me to call when I will want to have dinner. He does not really speak English, so I don't know much more than that.) There are a lot of things that I have not yet figured out about this place, city and country. But be sure you will be the first to know once I will. Maybe. I expect to keep this up for about two - three posts.
Monday, May 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment